|The EUCYS – European Union Contest for Young Scientists is an initiative created by the European Commission in 1989 with a goal of promoting the science interchange between young scientists and guiding them to a future in science and technology.The event is an annually held exhibition of the finest work developed in many scientific fields, and given its nature as a competition; the best young minds of different countries can compare ideas and admire each other’s work, thus bringing great interest upon the contest by the international and local communities and press.
The EUCYS is, yet, an opportunity for the young students, who have reached a prestige position in their home countries, to exchange new ideas, share common interests and gain experience from an event which involves some of the most foremost european scientists. The outcome is a significant endorsement by the European Commission, of the work and development achieved in each participant country, to guide and promote more and more young people to careers in science and technology. Being an international contest, the EUCYS integrates in the activities of Science and Society managed by the General-Directorate for the Research and Development of the European Commission. Within the Framework Programmes for the Research and Technological Development and in the European Development Area, Science and Society strives to build a solid link between scientific endeavour and the general european community.
Who can participate?
The contestants must conform to the following requirements:
The projects may have been worked upon individually or as a team with 3 members max. The rules about age limit and scholarships are applicable to each participant
More info: http://www.eucys2012.eu/
- MANU students successfully presented UKRAINE in Tianxia
- ECHA Conference Symposium: Social Media and Gifted Education
- Science school in Physics for school children: MANU students visited the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN)
- Minister of Education and Science, Youth and Sport of Ukraine Dmytro Tabachnyk Opened Winter Session of Minor Academy of Sciences of Ukraine Low-residency Magnet Schools
- CMS Workshop. “Perspectives on Physics and on CMS at Very High Luminosity, HL-LHC”